Saturday 10 April 2010

"The worm has turned, @theboycheese, and is now packing an Uzi". Name the film, thats from, and I promise not to write about MW2 all the time!

The One With MW2 Stats




If you speak to the Ledgers, you will know that my attention span is terrible. I get bored *really* easily.......

... where was I?

I was loving being online with Grand Theft Auto, until the others drifted away from it. I was entranced by Uncharted 2, which is the only single player game I've ever stuck through. I really liked online, but there was another around the corner. Pro Evo still carries a Halo for me, and I've easily had my moneys worth, even if it's not up to par. That game around the corner? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

As I read this, I've dedicated 6 days, 3 hours and 53 minutes to it. Thats value for money in anyones book. And also a bit sad. I attribute that to two things. 1> I am on a Sunday - Weds rota. Every bit as good as it sounds, and as much gaming time as I like, so long as Ethan Zachary is asleep, and Mrs T is busy. 2> I was lucky enough to get a second PS3 for Christmas. Its tucked away in the bedroom, and Mrs T, patient as ever, let me put our Panasonic 32" on the wall.

I'll presume you know all about MW2, and get to the stats. Because there's something definitely going on with mine.

When I first Prestiged, I had played for 3 days, four hours and thirty minutes. My XP was 574070. I had won 280 games, and lost 333. That gives me a 0.84 ratio, but anyone will tell you, you can be totally powerless in deciding who wins if your paired with a team of mooks.

My Kills were 5633. My Deaths were 6180. Thats a ratio of 0.91.

My Accuracy was 19.55%, with 13204 hits, to 54335. This was the only stat to stand out way above anyone else on my list. It seems to be that if your accuracy is really good on MW2, you're proud of it. And can at least claim to not wasting many shots. If your accuracy is poor, then it doesn't matter. I don't get that. If its not important, don't have it up. Its like saying it doesn't matter how many shots on goal Rooney has, as long as he scores. Hmmm. True. But if you don't shoot, you don't score - so there has to be a balance.

Last night, I prestiged again. Except I won't be hitting the jump button. (I cant believe *you* did, Sarah - after saying you wouldn't... again!)

My total XP is 1239300. I've been on 579 winning teams. I've lost 669 times. My ratio is 0.87, with a streak of 12 wins.

I've killed 12137 men and women. NO Children! (Some animals). I've died 11939 times. Crucially, my ratio is 1.02, and within an hour today, will be 1.03. My kill streak last week went from 14, 15, 15 and then 18 - which I've got three times in a week.

Finally, the really unimportant one. My accuracy is 21.04%. 24205 hits. 90819 misses.

So thats that. I wanted to document this for me, more than anyone. It seems stupid writing it down, when I can jot it here. OK, OK. It seems silly writing it down anywhere!

In the last week, my stats have shot up, though. I'm intrigued to see if its a purple patch, or a change of tide.

"98% of all statistics are made up" - Author unknown/@theboycheese

No comments: