Saturday 1 May 2010

"Next Time, Baby"

The One With Imax


Stag: Day One. Done.


What started with 20 nuggets ended with Gray and I getting hangover headaches during Iron Man 2 at the BFI Imax. Biggest screen in the UK? No shi....

Good first day. With IM2 holding up a second time. I don't get all of the "meh" reviews.

The character work here elevates it for me. The cast is universally great. Sam Rockwell is almost too good for the film - in a good way, if that makes sense?

RDJ is unhinged enough for me to be satisfied they are touching on the darker side of Tony Stark.

I fell in love with Ms Paltrow for the first time since Sliding Doors.

Mickey Rourke is just solid, and its good to see him back in the acting game. I remember my Dad watching a fair few of his films in the 80s, so I have a bit of a soft spot. (Not gay).

They should have kept the suitcase bit from the trailer, as its this films Bat Pod sequence. They should Loved it. Definitely worth seeing. And IMAX it if you can....


And so a day after seeing Southamptons IMAX screen, and being blown away - I realised that, actually, BFI is the only way to go. Its huge. Absolutely HUGE. We were too close to the screen, but it was worth it.

1 comment:

KendallJaye said...

Can't WAIT!

-KayJay