Tuesday 4 May 2010

"OK Ramblers... Lets Get Rambling"

The One Where I Call the Fraud Department


Stag: Day Four. Done.


Bank Holiday Monday meant I couldn't get hold of the Fraud department until Tuesday (Day 5), so it was on my mind a bit. Planet Hollywood beckoned in the evening, and after saying, "no beers", we were "on it" by midday. :-/




Another stroll around London led us to the best breakfast I've ever had - ironically in a cafe opposite where my card was stolen! Hence my forlorn expression in the picture above. I seriously did perk up when that breakkie got there though. Then... an Epiphany... lets got to the Natural History Museum. So we did. It was more of a recon for me to see whether ET would like it. He would. So we'll go.



I wanted to look "hard" by swearing at the T-Rex, to impress the lads. The truth is, I felt awful when I saw his little face. He looked so small, and sad. So very, very sad.


I've been listening to a lot of Alicia Keyes as it reminds me of my wife, who I miss more than words. I'm not moping around though. Which is what she would want. Go to Grays Blog to see who my "hand twin" is! And after a meal at PH, in its new location, music came to the fore. Drunk in the Duke, something magical happened... Counting Crows came on, and both of JMcGs turned out to be huge, huge fans. It was surreal. I'm not used to anyone even knowing who they are, let alone drunkenly singing Mr Jones with me. Then Biffy came on. I thought it was a wind up. Finishing up with Oasis, so MC was in his element too.


Talking of Oasis... recognize this street, and this pose? This was Saturday. I am genuinely honoured to be in the pic.








Back home for Big Trouble In Little China, and to a tiny bit of stick from JMcG as he realized GC and I wouldn't be going to Thorpe Park with him Weds. Trust me - with how I feel today, its for the best!

2 comments:

fionak26 said...

Liked this one, and not a (not gay), "FACT", "c**t" in sight...well except perhaps in the photo...x

KendallJaye said...

You really need an "Autobots.. Roll out!" quote somewhere here.
(too old school?)
-KJC