Sunday 2 May 2010

"Jim.... Jimmm!! ....JIMMMMMM!!!!"

The One Where GC Sleeps Like A Baby


Stag: Day Three. Done.




So I should be writing about how inept Liverpool were. How they didn't need to "throw it", as they lost with Chelsea in first gear anyway... *BUT* I had my card skimmed today.

We had chosen our pub of choice, and I needed cash.  Strolled out, called Mrs T, hearing about how ET was loving his Bob The Builder Bike, even though ~ Ju had left it at Mum and Dads!


Card went into the machine. Card didn't  come out. Waited for the card. No show, after a message that the card had been chewed as there was a problem with the cash point. Hmmm. Didn't feel right.


I called the bank. Bank Holiday weekend, so no card until Tues, and even then, likely to be posted. My card had just been used in Tottenham Court High Street. £400. Gone. Stag money... Gone. While I was reporting the card being chewed!


Now... I believe there is a morale to every story. I believe everything happens for a reason. This though... This was inexplicable.


All it really needed was a few text messages from Mrs T, and a bit of video footage of ET dancing in the kitchen. Perfect. I wish I was home with them, but I know Ju would rather I was here, having a good week.


For the night to still end up good is a credit to Lloyds TSB customer services for sorting my account, but more importantly my fellow stags. A team effort meant I got to stay out, and generally just chill out - a tough task for anyone that knows me.


Best day of the stag so far. Which is saying something, in light of what happened.


Jon tried to feed a homeless person nuggets, but she didn't want the strawberry milkshake topping. Die Hard on the 60" (seriously Mrs T... 50" is sooooo last year!). GC went to sleep early. He paid the price.




Plus... on today of all days... Owen Hargreaves played again for Manchester United. £10 off Mike Cheese as a bet is won. I needed that!