Sunday 8 August 2010

The One Where I Want To Kiss The Badge Too


“I not gonna do, what you all think I’m gonna do… which is… flip out”


I’m a spoilt football fan. A spoilt person, actually – but that’s for another day.

Playing at Wembley, in a glorified friendly… well, over the years, it’s lost it’s appeal.

Then I think… “What would Liverpool and City fans give to be contesting it?”

And I smile.




I thought it was a really good game.

I thought our movement was excellent – and the threat evident. But overall, the second half was petering out for Chelsea to scrape an equaliser.

Then something happened.

Hernandez missed a sliced shot. It was a great turn from Berba, on the right. He ran and pulled it back.

It was exciting.

As close as we came last season, I never really got excited too much.

This season feels different. And I know Spurs, Citeh and Liverpool fans are saying the same… that’s the beauty of football isn’t it?

At the end of the day, if everything fell in our favour, John Lewis FC could beat United. It’s eleven men, versus eleven men. That’s it.

Which brings me to another thing… kissing the badge.

When it’s Hernandez, that’s when.

Not just him. But his story is pure fairy tale, and at the moment I don’t think he can believe his luck.

Playing at Wembley, for United.

That’s a lot of boys dreams. It’s certainly mine.

When he kissed the badge I’m sure a lot of United fans saw it as a sign of intent.

And smiled.

 

No comments: