Saturday 10 April 2010

"Earn this..."

The One Where Speilberg does it again




I had been waiting ages for "The Pacific", Sky+ it, and just hadn't got round to watching it. I wont wait so long, for Monday nights. It has quality stamped all over it. WWII has been covered at length in movies, so there are inevitably cliches all over the place, but its seldom been done this well. If everyone rates something highly, its almost always a turn off for me. When the Americans get hold of "Kick Ass" on April 16th, it will taint it a bit for me when the five star reviews come in. The reviews for this have been universally good, but less so when compared to "Band of Brothers". Thats a good thing for me. Its a strange logic, I know - but I get that feeling already with this.



In the first episode keep an eye out for a brilliant homage to "Saving Private Ryans" Omaha Beach landing. I didn't see that coming. The peace doesn't last long though, and for all the hours I put in on MW2, I hope to christ I never experience it first hand.

No comments: