Wednesday 21 April 2010

"Is it safe?"

The One Where I Post From Work, And Owe JMcG An Apology


Bit of an experiment, this one...

I've always started work an hour before I've needed too. Apart from when I spent that hour "shelf filling", I've never been paid. I'm sure a lot of you do the same. My reasons are it gives me that head start that I'm never struggling during the day. I mean, I literally feel so in control of my day-to-day job, I'm never struggling to keep my head above water. The email everyone tries to send, and forgets. I do it then.

Today was different though. Tonight I need to see JMcG, and am then going to TGIs with him and MC. I'll leave work and spend two hours in the gym. Not necessarily all working out. They'll be a bit of hot tub action to take in the week, and to generally just chill. After TGIs, its Kick Ass again. JMcG being the only Ledger to not see it, yet.

That's all well and good. I misjudged my journey into work though... I literally stopped myself going to the gym. That would be twice in one day. I only did it on advice that its not the best thing to do. Instead I thought I'd have 45 minutes on the net, and ended up here, talking to you.

Too much, or a change of mentality?

So that's the experiment. A) Blogging from work. (Its no MacBook Pro!) B) Potentially changing the habits of 7 years, and spending that spare hour in the morning on my body, and not my mind. I'm a reflector, so will ponder it for three months, and just find a compromise of both, anyway.

No comments: