Monday 26 April 2010

"On The Seventh day Of Christmas, My True Love Bought To Me..."

The One With The United Crest, And United Memories 


I had three discussions last week about the Blog design. They centered around two points.

1> I risk losing followers by having the United crest.

2> The Blog is more about Films.

So it got me thinking... as a regular feature I will have United memories. Maybe when its done, people will piece the clips/thoughts together, and get the United thing, regardless of background. I'll call it United > England.

One that seemed to cement the "United thing", was this...



I remember being out at youth club, and hearing about it. Even in my head it didn't play out quite like that. He turns his collar up, after the red. Fergie cant even look at him. I cant condone it. (I did at the time). It would mortify me now as a Dad, if Ethan thought it was cool. It created a siege mentality, in me though.

But what a player. A total enigma. And a total genius. He changed the course of history for my great club. people that say Zola was a bigger influence on the Premier League are deluded.

2 comments:

AndyKiz said...

Zola was a far better player than cantona, he set the premier league alight and gave us something we've never seen before. Cantona was good dont get me wrong, but he was no better than the likes of Jimmy Floyd.

Oh and im glad the background has changed, I love topgun so I guess i'll be around here more now ;)

@maverick99sback said...

I'm glad you're here.

You just proved my point!

;-)