Saturday 10 April 2010

So a really quick Football triple bill (...or hat-rick)

The One Where The Wembley Pitch Was Rubbish



I'm totally biased, but are Chelsea rubbish? I just find them really uninspiring. They seem to have that Mourinho mentality back, though. 3-0 flattered them, but they were in 2nd gear. Villa blew it. It was a Pen, though. The problem with teams like Villa, is they seem to wait for moments like that - and like today, they're not always given. On the plus side, it means they may need to rest players toward the end of the season. If they do win the League, how good would it be if Top play Bottom - and bottom win? Hope there's less empty seats, either way. That's the F.A being greedy. Playing the Semis at Wembley is a joke.





Next up, EAs FIFA World Cup 2010. I had forgotten the demo went live on Thursday. I'm always eager to play these, (although I never buy them), as the code is a good idea of what the new FIFA will be like. And as much as I hate to admit it, they are getting better year on year. Initial impressions are really good, but these games are made or broken on their two player. So I really need to get some friends. Or get Mrs T drunk. Pretty impressive looks though, no? They just need to port the manager idea over to FIFA, and I'm there!

In fact after a few play throughs, this is seriously stunning, stuff. The sound is immense, and the graphics are the best I've ever seen on a Footy game. (Sensible World Of Soccer is still King though).

Fair play, EA. I almost got excited for the WC, then. Almost.


Then... This has to be better than that drab Villa game. JD and coke. Done. Work tomorrow, but its been a brilliant week. Theres been plenty of Family stuff in there too. And hey... In for four, off for three. Not so bad, eh?

Although he thought of leaving the day he arrived, I still think Roni will return when he has got it out of his system. I would still rather have him in my team over Messi, too. Hope he proves me right, tonight.

No comments: