Saturday 17 April 2010

"You broke my heart....Don't ever take sides against the family again"

The One With Citeh At Wastelands



Hmmmmmmm. What a strange feeling. On paper, this was a HUGE game. Some will still say it is. Fergie included. Surely we've already blown it, though? If we haven't, then I still wont enjoy it as much as I would have. We've been woeful at time, this season. How we are twenty odd points ahead of the chasing pack is something they need to look at.




If you gave me £50M, I'd get Benzema and Silva, presuming Villa was priced out. We need a couple of players, and to keep Rooney. Whatever happens with the Glazers/Red Knights it can not affect our transfer market.

But that's a few weeks away. Today is Derby day. @twosoups is nervous. I'm not. I know the reason for that. Its because its a HUGE game for City. Win and they put one hand on fourth place. They've had a great season, if we're honest.

Tevez had a great first season for us, and a woeful second. Stats show that wasn't lack of play time, either. So we'll see if he's been a good investment. He allegedly cost upwards of £47M. If that is true, and wages make you think it is, we were right to sell. Plus he's literally stupid. His interview mid week said the poster was a bad idea. I actually thought it was clever. He said sacking Hughes was a mistake. I agree, but errr... you're sat next to Mancini.... He said training was poor.... err.... Mancini? He's looking at you. Then he said he wants to go back to West Ham. I give up. I want players who want to play for the club. Get treated like dirt, and badly mis managed, dumped to the bench for big game, but don't say a word.

But its City. They have to make it difficult. I'll give them all the praise in the world if they get fourth, but the Hughes sacking was a huge mis step, for most City fans, let alone neutrals.

Bellamy is an irritant, but has been so good, my Dad claimed he could make a difference at United.

Given was a great signing. De Jong has been player of the season.

They spent a lot of money. Fourth was a minimum. But I think they'll do it. I'm glad its not Liverpool, but this makes it a whole lot easier for them to get Benzema, Silva... even Villa. So, fair play. And good luck today. Its a huge game. I'll still feel heart ache and joy. But the outcome for City is more major than for us. I don't want Wayne to play. If its Berbas last month, I want him to play. And do this.



Has anyone got a Spurs shirt I can wear after we beat them next Saturday...?

Dedicated to @twosoups, who in a round about way, made me realize I had gone beyond the bad loser I was, and always hope I am.

No comments: