Friday 7 May 2010

“Elliot… I’ll Be Right Here” (*points at heart, cue man tears*)

The One Where The Stag "Ends"


Stag: Day Seven. Done.


So I’m on the way home.  Everyone in the train keeps looking over when we go through a tunnel, and the Mac backlit keyboard makes me look cooler than I really am. I have a beard. And long hair. Like Nic Cage in Con Air.

I’m not sure what to say, really. I’ve had a brilliant, epic week. My friendship with my three best friends has grown immeasurably. That’s really the message of the week.

I’ve seldom laughed as much as I have over this week. There were times where I had to leave the living room, as I had that thing where I thought I was going to be sick from laughing too much.

I loved London. More than I ever have. I get it now. There is beauty there.

On my last day we ended up in Hyde Park, “playing” Football in the sunshine. Killing time really, building up to Biffy Clyro at Hammersmith Apollo. It was pretty desperate stuff! The highlight was clearly me scoring a left footed goal, albeit on the goal line. Oh… and GC running.

“Looks Like We Made It… I Can Tell That You’ve Been Flying”


The top pic is stolen from GC, and the second from his sister. I make no apologises. They are both class pictures.

Biffy has become a huge part of my life. The sort of band you listen too at least once a day. They have provided the soundtrack to my life over the last 18 months, that they have to be considered in the same breath as the Boss and Counting Crows.

It’s only the second time I’ve seen them, and last night went some way to rectify the Ledgers being unable to see them in June.

What I love about them, and they did this last night, is that they make me actually appreciate the playing of instruments. I’m a lyric person. It goes some to my eclectic taste in music. I’ve had Alicia Keyes and Athlete on whilst in the “quiet section” of this train. Quiet? There’s people talking louder than my music, so “do one” if you try and get me to shut it down. I’d hammer the keys to be louder, but the Mac is too damn beautiful to risk hurting.

Simon Neill is a bit of a hero, though. He really makes that guitar talk. But he does the lyric thing too. My top three Biffy songs all have the sort of depth to lyrics I demand. Just beautiful truth. They really resonate.

I will be going in December, and be the proudest fan there that they are playing to sort of crowd size they deserve.

Even Adam Ricketts beating his girlfriend up last night couldn’t ruin it. (Stag joke).


And so I leave the lads there for one day, one sleep, and a morning. I’m sure they’ll have a class time. I've had an immense week, cheers to everyone for that.  

I can’t say I’m upset to see Mrs T and ET though. I hope they remember my voice. I meant to get a haircut.

1 comment:

KendallJaye said...

re: Nic Cage - Well, you HAVE been working out, right?