Tuesday 18 May 2010

"You're Walking Around Like A Blind Man Without A Cane, Pal"

The One Where I'm Shocked By The New Wall Street 2 Trailer

Taken from Jo Blo...

You've got to admire the kid for coming out and saying that his last two films, from two of Hollywood's biggest directors, sucked. That takes some balls. Even LaBeouf seems to understand the ramifications. "I'll probably get a call. But [Steven Spielberg] needs to hear this. I love him. I love Steven...I think he's a genius, and he's given me my whole life....But when you drop the ball you drop the ball."

That's all there is to say about that. He's not wrong. It kind of got me thinking, though... 


Who else has come out and disowned a film? If Shia does the same about Money Talks, I'll cry a bit. But with a trailer like this, I think it's damage limitation. I think it looks terrible. I'm not sure it's helped by the fact Shia seems to be having a sexy time relationship with a ten year old boy.


I do love Michael Douglas, though. Black Rain is a bit of a fave. And I'll admit that Fatal Attraction is a guilty pleasure.The Game is a classic, and JMcG has helped me appreciate Falling Down.

 I'm most intrigued to see what Oliver Stone does in a post 9/11 New York, though. Brolin. Shia. It's not all bad.


No comments: