Saturday 19 June 2010

"Is She Pissed, Or Leg Mental?"

The One Where I Wonder If Wayne Has Given Up, Is Injured, Or Has Just Gone Head  Mental


I'm trying to think of what to say about all that, last night. I have never supported a team, that put in such a desperate display.
I mentioned that the problem with supporting England, is that I'm cheering on people I hate, for most of the year.

Last night was no exception, but with a crucial difference. Rooney was our worse culprit. That in itself will get me into a siege mentality, but what happened at full time... that puts me in a really difficult position.



See the way it cuts back to an England fan smiling? Is that deliberate? Made me smile anyway...

I don't think Rooney was fit, last night. He wasn't his usual bullish self... something was wrong. But is it tactical, or a niggling injury.  If it was tactical, where was his heart? It was the sort of game he'd normally lash out, in. And seriously... who would have blamed him? They looked lacking in belief.

Republik of Mancunia suggests it's the fact he looks distracted... and unfortunately may be head mental. (My words).


On an expensive golf course... can you imagine the rollicking Fergie would give him, for this?


Seriously... If we had won both games, it's nothing. But with how he's played in two games... Not good.

I am just lost for words, about how inept we were last night. And for me, central to that, has to be Fabio.

He gets paid a lot of money to watch players play football, then arrange them into a team. Last night was such a catastrophe, and such a gigantic step backwards, it's unfathomable. It was like he didn't know the players... had never met them before.


How could he not change it at half time? Whatever he said didn't work. We were worse. So what's being said? When he wears that Liverpool shirt, I detest him, but as our Captain, Stevie G could be a Legend. He was our second worse offender last night. You know it's bad, when I'm longing for some JT leadership.

So what now?

*Knock, Knock*

(In Scouse accent), "Mr Capello... it's your Captain. We need to talk....

Bring on Wednesday. I wish it was today. The players will get rightly crucified for last night. Fans paid ££££ to watch one of the worse displays I've ever see. Lacking in creativity. Scared. They vented.

It's the sort of result that makes me want us to go out. If we won it now, it would be soured.


And that siege mentality? Well, as news broke on Sky that a fan had got in our changing room... I smiled. I loved the idea of someone chinning Fabio. Or atleast throwing his stupid Birthday cake in his face. But what did they do? They rounded on Becks. Confronted him. Becks was our best player last night. In one of the greatest suits of all time.

Maybe Wayne was right.....

The fact that the tournement has finally got going, yet we haven't is beyond disappointing. The fact that my highlight so far is a United player scoring is even worse...



God save our Queen, and Wayne Rooney.

No comments: