Thursday 12 August 2010

The One With Bob Revealed

"Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself, I'm A Man Of wealth And Taste"


So... I'm half way through Series Two.

What can I say about Twin Peaks?

I want to thank JMcG for urging me to see it. I know that. Here be spoilers...


I had a real David Lynch spell a few years back.

I didn't really understand a lot of it, but images stuck with me.Somewhere in episode six, the one arm man, gets sort of possessed. Talking about how he met God (?), took his arm off, and how only the "gifted" can see Bobs true identity.



Ah, Bob. The first time we see "Bob", properly at least, is terrifying.

A little bit panto, Lynch just makes it nasty enough to be totally uncomfortable to watch. The use of lighting as the punches reign down. Thump, thump, thump. It's the first time in a long time that punches have sounded like that - like they are actually landing. I thought that with The Firm, that it all sounded wrong.

Lynch pulls the series back on track with this, too. It had become a little too comical. With KM rescuing girls from gun point, and carrying them over his shoulder.

That's the beauty of the show. Throw in some red curtains, and the Giant, and it's back on.

The soundtrack too, resonates. A little bit mythical, and totally sad. Def worth a purchase.

I'll be back after I've finished the final ten episodes... (TEN??) - And I'll include my David Lynch highlights.

No comments: