Thursday 6 January 2011

The One Where Transformers Makes The 2011 List


OK. So on my list of five most anticipated movies for 2011, we have True Grit, The Ward and Black Swan.

There must be a big budget spectacular in there, though... right?

Well there's two.

First up is Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon.

Ethan has watched Transformers 2 so much I've almost become an apologist.

I was trying to explain to MC on NYE  that I finally get why Ethan prefers it to the first one. Even though it's blatantly inferior.

It's the noise. The carnage. The non-stop action.

Sort of like Spiderman 3, which I also argued is the most "comic book" of the three Spidey movies.

I know, I know. I was drunk.

Transformers makes the list for a few reasons.

One, is that people forget how good the first one is. I think it's got Spielbergs stamp all over it.

Secondly, it's in 3D.

Don't even pretend seeing that in 3D and IMAX doesn't have you jazzed.

Plus it will have the soundtrack of the year. Fact.

No comments: