Friday 16 April 2010

"Apollo Creed vs The Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damn monster movie"

The One Where I Kick-Ass





Well, I went to the gym today, much to @fionaflaherty's amusement. @theboycheese and I have fallen on our feet, with it included in a parking deal. Great little gym. Think I might go again. It got me thinking, though... Mike is off to see Kick Ass tonight. How many of those people in the gym were wishing they were superheros? 

I know there was at least two. Kick Ass is a great movie - I loved it. I saw it with @diaryofaledger a few weeks ago. I think I'll go again. If you've not got involved, the big debate is over a twelve year old character dropping the C-Bomb, and massacring loads of people. I said to Gray going in, I felt the movie should have been an 18. Nothing in it changed my mind.


Now its hit the States, and the big guns have waged in...


http://www.joblo.com/harry-knowles-vs-roger-ebert-over-kick-ass


There are  reviews ranging from it being aimed at the "paedo pound", to it being the best superhero movie of the last ten years. As I say, I loved it. But by not making it an 18, they've created an unnecessary argument... what effect will it have on kids? Its naive to think kids wouldn't see it anyway, but at least there would have been no argument that the censors had inadvertently encouraged it. Great film. Shame about the controversy.


Oh, and reference the gym, I cant not put a link to this... Don't worry, I abused the real one enough already. This is a mock up. Featuring the best stuck on beard, since JMcG.




No comments: