Friday 23 April 2010

"I don't know much...but I know I love you"

The One Where I FIFA Bash. Again.



So there *is* another game. I remember the day FIFA 2010 came out, and I took the day off work, and blitzed it with Gray. We had a great day... but something niggled at me. I just knew I wouldn't be playing it in three months time. And I'm not. None of the Ledgers are.

What Pro Evo has is an in depth single player game. Its been flawed for the last five years, and if EA got hold of it my heart would soar - but its engrossing. Something FIFA cant offer me as a single player game. I tend to play Pro Evo when no one else is online. I only ever play Master League. Never touch online, and six months after release I still play it.

FIFA is the glamorous bigger brother, with full kits and tons of teams and stadiums, but Pro Evo can be "patched" to give you proper kits. Once you put your own music on... say, Biffy... I think it becomes a more complete game. It just feels more like Football.

You have to earn the Hollywood passes. Its taken me six months to learn how to feign shots, and score free kicks. FIFA can give you a forty yarder in your first game - its the easy option. It takes years to master Pro Evo. I think I'm alright, I'll practice to get better. One day I hope to do this.

No comments: