Monday 12 April 2010

"Step out the front door, like a Ghost into the fog, where no one notices the difference between wrong and right"

The One Where Anna Begins To Toss And Turn




So I realised I haven't mentioned Music yet. With good reason, the Ledgers would say. Up until two years ago, it was Springsteen and Counting Crows. Biffy Clyro, (The Official Ledger band), then steam rollered both of them a bit.


But the bottom line is, my fave (and certainly most played Album ever), is August and Everything After. Its perfection. Three songs on there are in my all time top ten. Round Here. Mr Jones. Anna Begins. Now, when three of your fave songs are on one album... you know that it will get a lot of play time. Putting those links up made me realize I've never seen the videos. They're not important.

I'd struggle to describe what the band mean to me. They will never be huge, but I will always see them Live whenever they tour the UK. And the truth is, I wouldn't have it any other way. The lyrics, and Adam Duritz pouring his heart and soul into every word... It reminds me of Almost Famous. Being there at the start, and feeling like you're on the Tour Bus.

OK. I'll describe it this way. Its like being in  a club. Not the popular club at school that everyone wants to be in. The club where the members know this club is for them. They don't want to be in the popular club. They love this club. And they love that others don't get that.

When I first saw them live with Mrs T, and my Best Man (Judge), they merged into Thunder Road... now Springsteen is another post. The Rising is the best album of the last ten years, in my opinion. But my point is... theres a similarity there. Gaslight Anthem have been hugely influenced by both, and are a band I'm loving at the moment.

Biffy will get their own post too. And again, thats a club thing. I'm glad I'm in all three clubs.

"Every word is nonsense, but I understand"


Dedicated to Ricky Bobby and KT... aka The Harwoods.

No comments: