Saturday 24 April 2010

"They Mostly Come Out At Night... Mostly"

The One Where I don't Sleep Tonight...


About six months ago I streamed Paranormal Activity on my old clunky PC. (Strokes Mac(s)).

I watched it in our conservatory, and am man enough to admit, it freaked me out a bit.

I'd been wanting to see it again for a while - and have got wise. I would normally have rushed out and got it, when actually now I have my timings spot on for Blockbuster to do a 2 for £20, or 3 for £20, so I wait.

I picked it up with Harry Brown the other day, and to my surprise, Mrs T said she would watch it.

This time, on the 50", it freaked me out A LOT. I don't think its jump out of the seat scary, (although one demonic scream worked the 7.1 out nicely enough to make my heart stop). I just think its a very clever, psychological film. The basic premise is a young couple being haunted. They set up a camera in their bedroom, and film over three weeks. Simple. But that's the genius.

You're never sure where to look. At one point I said, "oh no... look at the shadow", and Ju had missed it. I think its a brilliant film, but have my reservations... A sequel is on the way. Anyone that knows my thoughts on LOST and Heroes, and, and, knows that I cant be doing with Hollywood milking one idea.

My other, is a spoiler... (I wish I could do spoiler text here, where you reveal what I want to say...) If we talk on twitter, or FB, DM me your thoughts. There's three available. The original I saw isn't even on the Blu... And I thought that was the best one.

Great film though. I closed the door when we went to bed, and we never do that, because of Ethan!

No comments: