Thursday 22 July 2010

The One Where Flash And I Saw Toy Story 3


I know Toy Story and Toy Story back to front, word for word. The Blu Rays for Ethan may have been our smartest ever purchase for him.

JMcG and I checked it out last night. To see if it was to scary for him - as we plan to go next week. And to test the 3-D.

Here's the verdict...



Me
Well, you're the 3-D whore... start us off...

10:33pm
it was better than Clash
10:34pm
Me
Haha. It's the first 3-D film I've seen, since Avatar. I kept lowering the glasses and not really noticing the difference... then... when Woody was on top of the roof, planning his escape... I felt like a kid again

10:35pm
it was 3d but without the gimmicky things flying out of the screen at you. surprising really considering it was a 'kids' film
with some very dark moments...
10:36pm
Me
Like the monkey night watchman?

Best character in the trilogy for me.

Even better than Slinky.

And I don't say that lightly.

10:37pm
ha. it was hilarious. made even funnier by me and you laughing uncontrollably! its been a while since i've laughed that much at a film
10:38pm
Me
I said to GC today I think the ending was perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing Inception again - as that may have the best last shot (possibly ever)... but for me, as a series end... they nailed the ending to this.

10:39pm
yeah it was typical Disney. Nobody does that sort of thing better. The part that stuck out most for me was the "holding hands" though.
10:39pm
Me
Yeah. And they didn't take the easy route, through out, either. People were coming out saying... "I can't believe I threw my toys away"... it's brilliant how essentially a cartoon can make an adult feel like that

10:41pm
that's Lasseter and his team of Pixar geniuses for you. They know how to tap into the adult psyche through what is essentially a children's film. I feel bad for throwing my toys away now.
10:41pm
Me
I literally cannot wait to see Ethan Zacharys face - as a first trip to the silver screen, I think it's a tough one to beat!

And you don't need to act tough, and pretend you threw your toys away...

10:43pm
i'd love to see his reaction to it. just cover his eyes when the big baby swing scene comes on....
10:43pm
Me
Haha. Orange Wednesday suggests 3-D is here to stay... thoughts?

And WTF was that baby all about?

Seriously, seriously wrong...

10:44pm
it was pixar's version of Chucky! and 3D is here to stay, whether people like it or not.
and i like it
10:45pm
Me
Agreed, and agreed.

So... two 5* films in a week?

10:45pm
we're on a roll. Karate Kid next week yeah?
10:45pm
Me
Haha.

10:45pm
that might finally divide opinion!
10:46pm
Me
A-Team, Champ... A-Team...

10:46pm
done!
10:46pm
Me
One more question...

10:47pm
shoot
10:47pm
Me
Have you ever killed 64 people before in one game... and Lost

10:47pm
ha ha. no sir i haven't!
10:47pm
Me
Until next time...

bangs symbol

10:48pm
ha ha. i want one!

So that's that. I love films. I love the fact that 2010 was looking like a huge wash out, and then... twice in one week... not only is my faith is Cinema restored... but we have two genuine classics.

Go see. Now.


And if you can't decide which... why not chose both?



No comments: