Saturday 28 August 2010

The One Where JMcG And I LOL Through Piranha 3-D


Mondays Poll is going to be 2-D versus 3-D.

This cine pass has let me see films I would never have bothered with. many of them have been 3-D.

Many of them have been 3-D that I could watch with out the glasses. That's not the same thing.

So... what did JMcG and I think of Piranha 3-D?



Me
Is Piranha 3-D the pinnacle of cinema?

9:27am
its the most fun i've had at the cinema for a long time, i know that much
9:28am
Me
Ha. I hope you mean the soon to be infamous (or... famous), underwater dance scene.

And NOT the severed 3-D cock!

9:29am
there are a few scenes that will live with me for a while. Unfortunately the severed 3d cock is one of them!
9:30am
Me
Ha. I was really worried. The credits in 3-D were dire. Awful. Literally like you and I had a stab at doing them. Then it got going, and thought it got better and better.

9:31am
The underwater cave looked really good.
9:32am
Me
Yeah. I need to read up as to whether this was a conversion job. I presume it was. That scene, with the eggs, looked like it was done properly.

Great, great cameo at the start. Especially as I'd watched Jaws in HD that day. "Show me the way to go home..."

9:34am
Yeah that was a great start to the film. i was pretty much hooked from the start - it never really let up after that!
9:34am
Me
Was it me or was the "Alien 3" bit from the trailers not in it? Piranha up to the face. I thought Miss Brookes face, but maybe not?

9:35am
I didn't notice that either. Maybe Directors cut? which would possibly be the most brutal 2 hours of film ever.
Including more propeller related face injuries....
9:36am
Me
Ha. Aja does gore so well. Haute Tension was amazing. Hills remake really good, imo, and Mirrors... meh, but still brutal.

There's def a hardcore cut out there, but it was pretty grisly!

9:37am
It was an 18 movie no doubt about that. I hope Aja sticks around for the sequel.
9:38am
Me
Defo. It has the potential to be the Expendables on sea... wheel out Michael Biehn next! So... what of the underwater dance scene...

9:39am
It was a beautifully executed scene....ahem.
9:40am
Me
Haha. I was surprised. You basically have two women, one of which is Kelly Brooke - presumably trying to be taken "seriously" (ish), full frontal swimming underwater. Brilliant.

9:41am
IN 3D!!
9:41am
Me
Haha. Put THAT on your poster!

It's actually been really well reviewed. I can't wait for a sequel. With bigger fish. And more Lloyd.

^ By critics, I mean. Not us.

9:44am
Yeah it was nice to see Lloyd again, and i can see why it has garnered good reviews. It won't appeal to everyone, but as a balls out, fun filled, gore fest - it works perfectly.
9:44am
Me
Sweet. I'm not sure if you know this...

9:44am
i'm listening
9:45am
Me
All the way through you kept talking under your breath. It was a bit weird.

9:46am
ha really? How annoying of me!
9:46am
Me
You know what you were saying, don't you? "Where we're going... we don't need roads!"

9:47am
I'm very excited about that!
9:47am
Me
Yeah. I KNOW!

See you at 3:30. On the 27th.

9:47am
Better get in my time machine and gun it to 88






Jon is clearly looking forward to the re-release of Back To The Future at the cinema to mark the 25th (25th?? Jesus.) Anniversary.


Thankfully (!?) Avatar is re-releasecd this weekend. For a limited period allegedly (Hmm... let's see how much it takes, shall we?). Go see it. We'll review that soon.

And we'll have a Tag team review of Scott Pilgrim up this week, too.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to "like".

No comments: