Thursday 25 November 2010

The One Where T-Scott Can Do One


I really like Chris Pine and Rosario Dawson.

Denzel Washington has spent the last ten years asleep, but is still usually worth watching.

So why did I hate Unstoppable...?

I was tired. That's worth noting. For the first ten mins I was also watching United on my iPhone, as there's no way Flash and I were missing that - especially as it had 1-0 written all over it.

That aside, I just think there were some terrible decisions made.

Some of the camera work, especially in the opening few seconds, where the 777 train is set up as some sort od monster - with brooding music, and low angles.

Eh?

It's a train. A blood train.

I seriously can't believe the talent involved in this film.

And for T-Scott to make a film this boring? Criminal.

The trailer at least made it look like we'd have some set pieces.

A horse trailer getting stuck in the middle of a closed railway crossing? Give me a break. At least Skyline had people being sucked up into the sky.

I can't stress how lame I thought this all was.

Despite liking the leads.

Don't even get me started on the bit where the train finally gets loose on it's own.

Or the Sky News cut ins... supposedly meant to be like a Robocop cut scene, minus the satire. What's the point of having scenes telling us things we already know?

The train is a runaway. WE GET IT!

It's embarrassing.

I should have known this was going to be gash when the poster was released. A film about a runaway train. With no train on it.

So much so that I'm going to deny all knowledge that this guy has ever made two stone cold classics, and one underrated Kevin Costner film.

Go rent this instead.

No comments: