Thursday 2 December 2010

The One With The American



I knew instantly I was going to love The American.

I always vowed after From Dusk Til Dawn I'd follow Clooney. The fact that he's not really put a foot wrong justifies that.

Eh?

Batman And Robin?

That was Schumachers fault.
Starting in the snow, with mininal dialogue, three people die inside a few minutes.

We could be in Hollywood territory. But we're clearly not.

Instead, we're in the 70s. Or atleast, Hollywood of the 70's.

You see, The American has a brain. It's evident in the first few minutes, when said killings are shocking... real. They're not in there for the trailer, or to get people into the theatre.

There are plenty of scenes of Clooney staking out train stations. Or looking in his rear view mirror.

But, do you know what? I love that sort of thing.

Clooney is a brilliant actor. It never ceases to amaze me how overlooked he is.



"You don't have to act. I came here to get pleasure, not give it."

No comments: