Monday 31 January 2011

The One Where I Swear A Lot To Prove A Point


Hmmm.... Pretty overwhelming in terms of being anti-censorship.

Gray unfollowed a racist last week. Sky got rid of a sexist.


The question is, is it OK to say what you want, when others are listening?


I've said myself over and over that I resent the idea of someone telling me what I can and can't do. On twitter, though? And on Facebook? I think there may be room for it.

Look at the way twitter got engulfed in the Kenneth Tong story.

Was that healthy? Should he have been allowed to get his message across to so many people, in such a short time? (His story is HERE, for the unitiated).

I'm not sure.

I'm also not so sure how you would police that particular example. What I would suggest is maybe a few yellow cards from other twitter users to flag someone up as a concern?

I'm accutely aware I have a potty mouth. Especially on twitter. Is that right?

I guess if you don't like it, you can just unfollow.

But it may be too late by then.

Again, maybe have it so swear words can't be typed? Like on certain video games, where you try and put your username in as "cockjugglingthundercunt", and it won't let you.

Or again, for those days where you just need to say "Fuuuuuuuuuuccccccck you", maybe you could have an allowance? 3 a day? Maybe 5? Clearly it gets complicated, and wouldn't work. If society banned swearing in general, people would just find other words.

Plus what would I do? I'd be fucked.

Cheers for taking part. This weeks vote is on both my site, and GCs. So go take part, you daft fuckers.


Also... No one was brave enough to tick the third box? Arrogant fucks.

No comments: