Saturday 22 January 2011

The One Where Live For Films Lives Forever


Several awesome things happened yesterday.

First, a total labour of love. All of my LFF reviews, re-sized, and grouped in the catagories I reviewed them in. No benefit to anyone but me, but it gives me an idea of how many I've done, and that I really need to watch more 70s movies...




Next, Phil asked me to review some screeners he had. I totally appreciate that I'm a member of LoveFilm, have an Unlimited pass at Cineworld, but that is the stuff of geek dreams. The fact he would even ask is the best bit. I should be begging to write reviews for my favourite film site, shouldn't I?

Then, during a chat with Phil, pretty much along the lines of "Cool... Do I have to pretend I like these movies so they send us more?", Phil throws in that adam@liveforfilms.com was up and running. Right. And that if I wanted to be bold, I could use it as a reviewer for LFF to see if there were press screenings etc. Again, whether anything comes of that isn't really the point. How cool is that?

Then, finally, as I'm sat there dreaming of reviewing Sex And The City 2 on screener... it hits... my name, along with the LFF crew on TotalFilm.Com.

HOLY SHIT.  Amen to that.


I love all of that so much I'd shut this Blog in a flash if I thought that sort of dream would last forever.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How perfect is the line "I didn't buy them, they're...eh...screeners" as the ultimate film addiction cover-up from now on? :D

and in other news...
Oh. Em. Gee. TOTAL FILM.

@maverick99sback said...

I see dead people...