Tuesday 13 April 2010

"Annie Are You OK? So, Annie Are You OK Are You OK, Annie Annie Are You OK? So, Annie Are You OK Are You OK, Annie Annie Are You OK? So, Annie Are You OK? Are You OK, Annie? Annie Are You OK? So, Annie Are You OK, Are You OK, Annie?"

The One With MJ (R.I.P)





Lyrics don't get much more heartfelt than that. Encompassing time, and generating emotions beyond words. The man was clearly a genius. OK. OK. (Annie?) I'm being a little facetious... but I watched "This Is It" last night on Blu. @theboycheese called me a douche for buying it. Irony there is that if he hadn't pointed this website out, I never would have thought of getting it! Anyhow...



Its hard not to find the whole thing strange. I kept thinking if I was watching it with the Ledgers, I would have spent half the time laughing at his little face. On my own, though, with a can of Smart price I just felt sad. Immediately gutted I never saw him live. Some people just are not of this time, or place. 


I don't even want to think about the trials, as it turns my stomach. Seeing Moonwalker at the cinema was a highlight as a kid, as Mum took us to see it in Camberley, (20 odd miles away!), on the bus. Brilliant.


The set up here is that it is all rehearsal footage. They have literally pieced different camera angles of the same routine, to make the equivalent of the show itself. It means that during Smooth Criminal, he may change outfit, from shot to shot. Disconcerting at first, but in the scheme of things it makes sense.


There is loads of hits, including some Jackson 5, (so vibrant colour wise in Blu, its untrue). There is extra scenes shot for Thriller in 3-d. But best of all... Humphrey Bogart edited into a black and white movie, with MJ, as the intro/outro to SC. Genius. 


It would have been an incredible show. As it is, its an intriguing "movie". Rent, don't buy. Or borrow from me, if you like. But worth seeing. Especially if you like his music.


Hehe. *grabs crotch*


Anyone feeling sick about me even watching this, or about me holding my crotch... might want to finish up here...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f3oaXljO_g

No comments: