Thursday 27 May 2010

"You Don't Have To Run..." "You Don't Have To Chase Me"





The One Where I Explain "AT Reads Film... So You Don't Have Too"


What is AT Reads Film???



I've had some fair feedback that I'm a little prolific with my posting. I can hardly argue, when the posts are racking up. So... I had a thought. Thursday tends to be my day "off", in that Ju's Mum has Ethan. Therefore, with Mac on lap - it's a deadly combination!

I've created "AT Reads", instead. What I hope to do, is collate quite as few of the posts into one. I'm not keen on that being too eclectic, so I may do a film one, game one, and united/football one. Let me know your thoughts.

 The Mac Book is the best thing I ever bought, and enabled this very Blog in the first place. When I have it on my lap, we are talking serious Internet time.

So what did I wake up to today?



With two Ledgers dropping out of twitter recently, I've been asking what I get from it? The answer... Harry Knowles. I've talked to him quite a bit, about films, and every time it blows my mind. His website has been bettered by JoBlo.com, in my opinion - but, it was here, where it all began. Today? Today he has an exclusive Expendables trailer. Any fan of 80's movies cant not be excited. Check out GCs Blog for some of my 80's memories.


Next. Jo Blo. They give us a few quotes from the Director QT is up against, as my fave ever. A Sinatra flick with these two? ^ Sign. Me. Up.



Plus, Tommy Lee Jones is in as General Phillips in Captain America. And Howard Stark is confirmed as being in it too, to hopefully help build that pretty shield. The vid above is cool, if you ever missed it. The one below is a bit more tenuous, but this what Marvel have created amongst fans. Anyone that saw the underrated Iron Man 2 knows this is plausible. Seriously though, I know he's a geek - and I love Serenity - but is Whedon really the man for The Avengers?










CHUD are continuing their epic review of the worst CGI in movie history. 
This week... Spielbergs in for a kicking, amongst others! Not from me... I have 
Minority Report to watch. Everybody runs.






And finally, cinema goers flick the V's at any 3-d haters. Again. Alice in 
Wonderland is creeping over One Billion Bucks world wide. Only the 
fifth to do it. Number two on the list? That fancies raking in more cash, too. 
For an averagely reviewed at best film, that's mental. 3-d sells, it seems. 
If JC spends time, and does a proper conversion, I'll be there for Titanic 3-d, 
for sure. And maybe that fat little bastard, Lucas, can get off his 
arse and do Star Wars?


Oh... and told you it was good... John Hillcoat has made a 30 minute film
from game footage. Cant wait. Must get The Road, too.





So there you are...

No comments: