Friday 20 August 2010

The One Where Cock Roulette Returns To Haunt Me


I saw two very, very cool things today. Both made me realise the power of cinema. Both are great ideas, but completely simple. The sort of thing you see, pat someone on the back for, then think... wait, that was so obvious it's untrue...


The Ledgers said we'd never mention Chat Roulette (Cock Roulette), again. We tried it once, and crashed and burned. The below video is from a viral campaign that's up and running for Last Exorcism, which MovieGrrl has already reviewed, here.

I love Exorcism films, and this looks right up my street. But it gets bonus points for the advertising campaign. It's not like you can advertise this at Burger King, so I guess you have to get create to create buzz. Big points for this. Although I think some of the reactions are fake, some are definitely real. Beware Cock Roulette!



The other thing for you know where, is even simpler. I saw Expendables, and loved it for what it is. I'm over the moon that it's raking in the cash, especially as there's now talk of a sequel so they can right some wrongs. (Van Damme versus Kurt Russell? Sold!)

What a great, great poster. It's the cast... plus their total kills in all of their movies. It's the sort of thing I'll stare at and look for discrepancies. Love it.


The Last Exorcism thing has inspired me to write about Viral Campaigns, so I'll post that tonight.

When you're done with that (you promise to read it... right?), check out GCs Shutter Island review.

We've just been chatting about it via DM - about how difficult it is to not spoil anything.

Guess what? There's a piece on spoilers this weekend, too. Seamless.


No comments: