Sunday 22 August 2010

The One Where JMcG And I Ramble Through SALT


All the while through, I was thinking of No Way Out.

Not as a sideswipe to Salt. I just kept thinking that Spy movies aren't made like they used to be.

I have a soft spot for Spy Game, and on second viewing, I really liked Knight And Day a lot more.

My second viewing of that one, ironically directly before Salt. That was handy, as those in the know, will know Tom Cruise was originally in to do Salt, and dropped it for K&D.

So what of Salt...?





Me
Tell me about SALT, Jonathon...

3:32pm
It was preposterous. But kind of fun.
3:32pm
Me
Good diction.

Do you still have an irrational hatred for Miss Jolie, based on her using Johnny Lee Miller?

3:34pm
I really don't like her. I can't explain it really. She just really grates on me. Saying that, i thought SALT worked better with her than it would have done with Cruise.
3:34pm
Me
Yeah, was going to ask about that.

Did you see K&D yet?

3:36pm
No i haven't. But i can imagine that was a good choice for Cruise over this?
3:37pm
Me
Yeah. Over a brewski, I think you said there was a Mission Impossible angle on the decision. I can see that.

Is it the new Bourne?

3:38pm
No i don't think so. Bourne was a far superior movie (series) and character. They will definitely make a sequel to SALT and i probably will watch it. But it doesn't compare.
3:39pm
Me
Bit sexist...

3:40pm
Me
Are we winding down this year now? What else are you looking forward too?

3:41pm
I'm Still Here appeals to me. I think Pilgrim will be a top film. Apart from that there's not much else that excites me.
Except Saw 3D - the traps come alive!!!
3:42pm
Me
Thanks for making me get a cine pass then...

DICK!

Piranhas 3-D?

WTF was the Affleck one?

That looked immense!

3:43pm
Oh yeah - Our Town or something like that? It looked very good.
And i am very much looking forward to seeing Kelly Brooke in 3D
3:43pm
Me
Ha.

Bit sexist...

So you cam up with a score system for these. Explain?

(FFS *came*)

3:45pm
We both give the film a score out of 5 and then add those together to give the film a total mark out of 10. SImples.
3:45pm
Me
K

So, you're verdict if you have nothing sexist to add?

3:46pm
You know i love the ladies AT. They really rev my engine.
3:46pm
Me
Haha

3:46pm
Anyway 3 stars. And that is me being quite generous.
3:46pm
Me
Hmmm

I'll go *** too

^ That's how the cool kids do it, btw

What does that mean?

I'm awful at Math(s)

3:47pm
That means it's a ****** film!
3:47pm
Me
******/**********

This has potential!

3:48pm
i think we should show it as 6/10
3:48pm
Me
...

...

...

K

3:48pm
not that i'm telling you how to run your blog
3:48pm
Me
...

...

...

Son of a bitch

Right, see you Thursday for Scotty P and/or Piranha 3-D

MMMMMM.... Kelly Brooke...

3:49pm
in 3 fricking D!
3:49pm
Me
Bit sexist...




(Literally five minutes later, I returned to my MacBook to see JMcGs retort)

ha. dick.

Right, so rent or buy this...




And pray Affleck carries on his strike rate with this...

No comments: