Sunday 5 December 2010

The One With Biffy


Oh Biffy. It's been a long time.

A day that started with me being a prick because of a bad nights sleep, (excited?), ended in me dreaming of being a Rock Star. Or at least that mysterious forth member of Biffy... prancing around in school uniform, live on stage with my Hero's... living the dream.

MC and Anakins absence added to my shit mood.

I kept putting myself in their position, and didn't like it one bit.

Mrs T giving me a metaphorical kick in the balls shook me out of out. Then the day began in earnest...


Anyone on the App will need to jump to the site for the pictures. They'll tell you everything you need to know about a Hellish journey there, and back.

But travelling aside... what about the main event?

Incredible.

Before leaving the flat, (Ledger Mansions), GC let the cat out of the bag. And I'm glad he did. The night before, in Manchester, my spiritual Home, Simon sand Folding Stars acoustically.

You know... my favorite ever Biffy song. That they don't sing Live.

It's about Simon's Mum dying, apparently.

Something about the stage, (literally, and this point in his life), but have made something budge.

Because as he walked out onto the stage extension, a chandelier came down from the ceiling. It looked like he was bathed in stars, and he sang it beautifully. Pure emotion.

And knowing that might be coming meant I enjoyed it even more.

That came in the middle of an epic 25 song set, with only one "mis step" - which I can't begrudge them. Jump to GCs site for that. And seriously, even that worked. Because for whatever crazy reason, they love playing the song - and I can't begrudge them in any way, shape or form.

Coming out to The Captain, full of marching soldiers in the background meant two things.

One, they had upped their budget, and stage presence. (Over and over, I felt like I was watching a Theatre show - such was the use of lighting and backgrounds - all very simple, but still several notches above what we've seen before.

Secondly, they had changed the order.

Captain is a great sing a long, but it's not a show closer. Starting with it meant the inevitable... Mountains would close, and lyrically, that works perfectly.

I could go on, I really could.

About how Born On A Horse sounds better live.

About how the lighting made me have a "happy epileptic fit".

About how I now understand how that twat at the Hammersmith Apollo got so into it, he laid his GF out.

Biffy are special.



When we collide, we come together...


Yeah. It's that fucking cash point...

My ploy of getting her drunk was going well...

... my money budget wasn't. 4 Bucks 50 for a beer? I feel sick...


They deserve to headline wherever they want.


What they do next is any ones guess.

But if they do the IoW Festival, they'll make a mockery of the running order.




... And thanks to GC, the version.

No comments: