Friday 31 December 2010

The One With The Film Of The Year


#1 The Town

It has to be this way, really.

Inception is by far the more showy of the two - and really, this is a tie for me.

But my god do I love this film.

The fact that it crept up from no where, and no one saw it coming?

Well, on a wet evening, that definitely added to it's effect on me.

The Directors Cut is my most anticipated film of 2011. No question.

*************************************************************************
AMMENDED: 04//01//2011


I thought I should maybe ammend this with a bit of a tribute to Pete Postlethwaite, who died last night. I'm a bit gutted, to be honest. He'll rightly be lauded for some classic iconic roles, and is a huge loss. If you ever needed a silver lining though, check out The Town and Inception. He was in two of the best films of the last ten years as a good bye gift to the World, and that's exactly how it should be.

Now... who fancies watching Usual Suspects with me... "ya fuckin' cock sucka"
*************************************************************************



Now. Over to The Ledgers for their top five...

JMcG
1 - Shutter Island
2 - Inception
3 - The Town
4 - Karate Kid
5 - Let Me In


with Toy Story 3 and I'm Still Here running them close.

MC...
1 - Kick Ass
2 - Social Network
3 - Inception
4 - Ironman 2

5 - Restrepo


GC...
1 - Inception
2 - The Town
3 - Kick Ass
4 - Scott Pilgrim
5 - Shutter Island


AT...
1 - The Town
2 - Inception
3 - Let Me In
4 - Monsters
5 - I'm Still Here



No comments: