Monday 3 January 2011

The One With My Top 100 Of All Time


GC did his Top 100 songs t'other week, and said how much of a nightmare he had found it.

I said I didn't really have a Top 100, and that the order would change for indefinately.

Then I gave him my Top Ten as it stood on that day.

Then I thought... "You have a website, AT. Why not just post them up as they come to you. Number them, and when you get to 100, re-assess. Is there anything missing? Has anything dropped off? Why not get changed out of your PJs while you think about it?"

So, with 52 weeks in a year, I need a couple of these a week, I guess.

Lets start with one of my favourite songs of all time.

I wish I had written this.

This band have provided the soundtrack to my life for 15 odd years - and cover perfectly my relationship with Mts T.

They'll make the list a few times. But this is their best song, for me. (At least today.)

If you ever get to see Adam Duritz and Counting Crows live, do it.

The emotion he lays on is real.

As I experienced Xmas day, following his sad, lonely tweets.

Get back in the studio, please. It's been too long...


#1 Anna Begins

No comments: